Note: The Announcements group is read-only. Post any questions in one of the other groups related to your question.
Two updates are available for the appliance: texisScripts 19.0.1 and applianceman 19.0.0. applianceman 19.0.0 is a documentation update. texisScripts 19.0.1 contains the following new features:
* The Parametric Search Appliance gains new capabilities to extract information from document text. Now even documents with no metadata can contribute terms to faceted navigation, via entity recognition. For example, a list of terms, e.g. cities or manufacturers, can be defined for extraction and then searched or grouped by. Or a regular expression can be crafted to match a specific pattern of data -- e.g. a defined syntax for part or social security numbers. And the XML syntax for such entities is largely compatible with GSA syntax, making upgrading a snap.
In addition, texisScripts 19.0.1 contains these fixes:
* Added the ability to unmount Network Shares without removing them
* Total result count was not corrected on last page of post-processed results of relevance-ranked query when Ranked Rows was 0 (unlimited)
* Added warning for larger than 1 year clock difference between browser and server causing admin logins to fail
* Data From Field rules now override content specified in Google metadata-and-url feeds
* A REX: Unneeded escape sequence message may have been generated at search if Ignore Characters contains bytes that do not need escapement in a REX expression, e.g. hi-bit characters, many ASCII characters etc.; some characters may also have been incorrectly ignored (e.g. giving n would have ignored newline)
* Ignore Characters, Index Name (for directory-alias URL filenames), Keep/Ignore Tags, Exclude Extensions, Extra Domains, Allow Extensions, Required Prefix, Exclusion Prefix, or Exclusions values that contain >> or * might not have worked correctly
* Result count and pagination now provided for some queries with an order by that includes rank, when both may have been missing before
* Try not to show pagination links beyond end of returned (as opposed to matched) results. Also improve reported document match count in some instances (e.g. post-process search sorted by date)
* Fixed Search Settings page inadvertently triggering XSS Protections in Chrome and Edge
These updates are available via the System -> System Setup -> Upgrade Software menu option.
|Master.com Terms and Conditions | Texis & Texis Webscript Copyright © 2000 Thunderstone|